About Lexair Inc.
For over 44 years, Lexair Inc. has ranked as a World Class Manufacturer of Fluid Power Products, Compressors, and Machine Tool Accessories. We are proud to be a privately held, American-owned corporation with all facets of our business contained under one roof. At Lexair, we value innovation, dedication, and team collaboration to produce the highest quality of industrial solutions for today’s market. Most importantly, we value our employees and customers.
Is working in a safe, supportive, and modern machine shop a priority for you?
Consider joining the Lexair Family.
About the Position
As a CNC Machinist at Lexair Inc., you will be joining a team of highly skilled machinists that have dedicated years of experience to the art of industrial manufacturing. You will assist in the production of our uniquely designed products. This position is located in Lexington, KY.
What You’ll Do
- Program, set-up, and operate CNC Machines using G code or conversational programming
- Operation of multiple machines
- Prepare the tooling requirements as specified in the Setup Instructions
- Readying parts for the machining process by inserting manually into
work holding devises on the machines as instructed in a job order packet
provided with each assignment.
- Execute the machining process for first article inspection and subsequent machining of the components after signed approval from Quality Assurance Dept.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor
What We Are Looking For
- Must be able to setup, program, and run CNC Machines. Experience in horizontal/vertical milling preferred.
- Able to read, interpret, and utilize metric prints and tools.
- Proficient in the use of calipers, micrometers, and other measurement devices.
- Ability to multitask
- Extremely detail oriented
- Team player
- Desire and ambition to acquire knowledge in the field of machining
- Decision making skills
- Mechanical skills
- Initiative: Dedicated to self-development and learning
- Dependable: Follows instructions, responds positively to direction, works diligently to complete task in a timely manner and makes it a priority to meet the work schedule required.
Working Conditions / Physical Requirements
- Climate controlled
- Machinist must be able to withstand long periods of time standing, bending, and lifting. Components for the machining process can vary in weight from a few ounces each up to 75 lbs. Each which will require manually loading into the machines.
- 4-day work week
- 1st Shift
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- 401(K) with company match
We Look forward to hearing from you!!!